Tuesday 30 April 2024

Root Bread

This is how this bread got its name, because after it is baked, it looks like a tree root. I often bake it because it goes very well with a thicker soup or stew. seasoned and then baked, very delicious. It really brightens up the salad.







Ingredients: 50dkg Fine Wheat Flour, 4dl Still Water, 5gr Dried Yeast (1 package), 16gr salt.

I mixed the flour, salt, and yeast in one bowl, then mixed it with warm water with a silicone spatula, in another bowl. I greased with olive oil, then I added the mixed dough. I covered it with foil and put it in the fridge for approx. 12 - 16 hours. I always mix the dough the night before and only take it out the next day when I bake the bread. Attention! The dough is very soft! The next day, I take the dough out and top it with flour. I did the same with the rest of the other piece. I covered it with a clean kitchen towel and let it rest for about 40 minutes. In the meantime, I put a heat resistant pot of water inside the oven and preheat it to 190C top and bottom heat setting(without fan) After approx. 40 minutes, I put the breads in the oven to bake. Leave the pot of water inside the oven while the breads are baking. They bake for 1 hour.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon Cream

Very simple and divinely delicious creamy dinner. It's even more delicious spread on natural toast or with a toasted butter garlic bague...